SCDP MEMBER BENEFITS
To initiate, support and advocate for regional economic development, educational attainment, and workforce readiness initiatives that enhance the quality of life on the SouthCoast through a collaboration of public and private leaders and UMass Dartmouth.
A role in shaping the future of the SouthCoast:
- The SouthCoast Development Partnership (SCDP) is the region’s largest economic development organization. It represents 15 municipalities, including Fall River and New Bedford, giving the SCDP a very prominent voice.
- Membership in the SCDP presents the opportunity for participation on subcommittees and the Executive Board. The programs and regional initiatives the SCDP supports and advocates for are strongly based on the work done by these bodies.
- Its partnership with the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth gives the SCDP an institutional reputation and the resources to effectively promote for regional transformation.
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Benefits:
As a member of the SouthCoast Development Partnership you are also partnering with UMass Dartmouth, a powerful catalyst for economic, social, and cultural development in our region and throughout the Commonwealth.
- A 10 percent discount on tuition to members and their employees to attend University Extension online and campus undergraduate and graduate programs.
- A 10 percent discount on Center for Marketing and Research studies on customer satisfaction studies, feasibility studies, product/service potential demand studies, consumer preference studies, etc.
- Free on campus conferencing services and first-class spaces when booking University catered events. Members receive a 50% price reduction on non-catered events.
- Access to interns for your company/organization. The five higher education institutions in this region offer easy and accessible ways for you to recruit interns: www.connectsemass.org/CONNECTLink.htm
Promotional and Marketing Opportunities:
- SouthCoast Development Partnership website
- Members of the SouthCoast Development Partnership will have their logos linked to their website featured on the SCDP website, www.southcoastpartnership.org. This website is visited by members, tourists, residents of the SouthCoast and other stakeholders within the region.
- This visibility is a signal to visitors of the SCDP website visitors that your organization is invested in the future of the SouthCoast.
- Event Sponsorship Opportunities
- Members have the opportunity to publicize their business through sponsorship of events and forums that relate to their business or organization and relevant regional initiatives. Logo display at the event is an option.
- SouthCoast Development Partnership E-Newsletter
- Members receive a monthly E-Newsletter with updates on economic development, educational attainment, and workforce readiness initiatives in the region.
- The newsletter will also serve as a way for your business or organization to update members on any regional/relevant activities that you may be engaged in.
- Bi-Monthly General Membership Forums
- The bi-monthly SCDP general membership meetings present an opportunity to network with senior CEOs, local, state and federal officials, industry leaders, educational leaders, and university leadership.
- The monthly meetings host a VIP speaker to discuss matters of regional importance. These meetings are not open to the public.
- Participation in the SCDP Governance
- Serving on the Executive Board and the subcommittees also provides great opportunities for networking with experts in your field of interest or industry.
Please contact SCDP Executive Director, Hugh Dunn at (508) 910-9816 or at email@example.com with any questions regarding membership benefits.